When asked what you are doing to care for your neck, here are the most common responses:
- I look at my face not my neck
- I wasn’t aware that my neck needed care till my friend mentioned it.
- I didn’t know that there are specific neck care products, or treatments available.
Contrary to popular belief, it’s just as important to apply skincare to your neck and chest as you would your face. The skin on your neck and chest is three times thinner than the skin on your face. These three areas are more prone to sun damage, which can cause sagging, hyper-pigmentation, wrinkles, and other signs of premature aging. This is why it’s good to give our neck some TLC!
For most of our lives, our neck and chest areas have been exposed to an accumulation of UVA and UVB rays. The UV light rays thin the skin and further deprive the body of its natural moisture leaving it dry, wrinkled, and saggy.
Neck lines are just going to happen; it’s a fact! These annoying lines begin to appear in our late twenties as biological aging begins. With biological aging, we lose skin elasticity and our skin begins to thin.
Sebaceous glands secrete oil, however, they don’t exist within the neck tissue; therefore the neck does not secrete a natural moisturizer.
So how do we try care of our necks?
- The most important product for your neck is sunscreen! Make sure to reapply every eighty minutes when in direct UVA & UVB light.
- Moisturize with a specific Neck Treatment Cream, rich in elastic proteins. This will help strengthen the skin restoring firmness and tone sagging skin.
- If you are 40 or older, post-menopausal, have severe sun damage, or enjoy outdoor life, then consider the following treatment boosting serums with your Neck Cream:
- If your neck is dry: Use an oil that provides the skin with nature lipids and deep tissue repair.
- If your neck is lacking elasticity: Use a firming action serum that tightens the skin’s structure for a youthful and vital appearance.
- If your neck is sun damaged: Use a deep boosting hydrating serum that rebuilds the structure of the skin while stimulating elastin and collagen repair.
Treatments will depend on your Esthetic Professional.
Here at Reflections Skin Oasis we have services available for your specific needs.
California State Board Licensed Esthetician
Master Makeup Artist
Owner of Reflections Skin Oasis